Online Training Available!
Through a partnership with the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, we are pleased to share four online training courses. Share this flyer about the online trainings with others professionals.
- Drug Endangered Children (DEC) Overview
- This course is designed to help law enforcement officers and other professionals develop an awareness of the potential impact of using a multidisciplinary approach to meet the needs of Drug Endangered Children.
- You Can Change the Long-Term Outcomes of Drug Endangered Children
- This course describes the long-term impact and needs of Drug Endangered Children (DEC) throughout their childhood and into adulthood.
- Prenatal Substance Exposure – Why Should I Care?
- This course describes how prenatal substance exposure has the potential to cause a variety of physical and developmental challenges for Drug Endangered Children (DEC) throughout their lives.
- Postnatal Risks – How You Can Make a Difference
- This course describes how postnatal exposure to an environment where there is substance use and drug activity affects Drug Endangered Children (DEC) throughout their childhood and entire life.
* All courses are available on the COPS E-Learning Training Portal and free to anyone. Special thanks to the COPS Office, Clear Focus Media, Fox Valley Technical College, and Milani Consulting for their parts in making the DEC Online Training Courses possible.
- What’s New in Blue: Season 2 Episode 5 | Drug Endangered Children featuring Lieutenant Eric Nation (retired)
- This short video was developed with our partners at the COPS Office. Inspired by the approach used for TED Talks, What’s New in Blue is a series of short videos intended to keep viewers informed about innovative developments and critical issues in law enforcement. The episodes feature informative discussions about ideas worth spreading throughout American policing in a format useful for viewing in roll call or training classes or sharing with colleagues and across social media. This episode is about Drug Endangered Children and discusses how important DEC efforts are to children and families.
- Who are Drug Endangered Children?
- In less than 5 minutes you can learn who are drug endangered children are and why they need your help.
- Drug Endangered Children and Child Sex Trafficking
- In under 7 minutes you can learn about how drug endangered children could be vulnerable to child sex trafficking and how you can help identify them and intervene.
- National DEC’s Professional Voices Training Series